Immediate Requirement Interior Design Leader around Bengaluru, Karnataka
We are looking for
As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance and growth. Further, you are passionate about fashion, design, creative thinking and home furnishing trends.
For this role we believe you have minimum 10 years of experience in Interior Design, visual merchandising or similar and delivering results as well as minimum 5 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers. In addition, you have experience from retail, preferably home furnishing sector, as well as experience in planning, driving output and measuring performance (business).
You have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision as well as of IKEA tools, processes and cycles as well as of IKEA business plan strategies, priorities and business planning process as well as of project management. Further, you have broad knowledge of the IKEA multichannel reality and online customer behaviours as well as of customers' living situations and their needs and frustrations in their everyday life at home. You also possess broad knowledge of trends that influence home furnishing, retail design and communication to gain insight to a more appealing product presentation for customers as well as of how to steer the customer to right product or service for their needs. Finally, you have good knowledge of change management methods/tools and stakeholder management as well as of the methods for presenting the range and service range using store media, display techniques and store layout as commercial tools.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of Commercial as an integrated part of the business. You have good leadership capabilities including ability to lead peers and stakeholders while communicating in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice combined with a strong ability to communicate and share creative ideas, concepts and solutions. You have ability to take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly as well as ability to apply abstract design concepts and guidelines to develop inspiring Home Furnishing solutions as well as ability to follow up and measure performance of product presentation, and capture learnings to improve planning and performance moving forward.
In the role as Country Interior Design Leader, you are responsible for influencing and coaching Interior Design co-workers and designing outstanding home furnishing solutions to stimulate life at home interest and drive the Home furnishing movement. You are also responsible for leading home furnishing and life at home knowledge on local market and creating a dialogue with customers.
- Influence, inspire and challenge the Interior Design co-workers to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation and home furnishing solutions through home furnishing knowledge in all channels
- Encourage the Interior Design co-workers to improve their knowledge of people's life at home and translate this knowledge into relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions
- Inspire peers and Interior Design co-workers with up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, retailing and trends
- Actively support in the development of the country business plan and HF&RD (Home Furnishing & Retail Design) action plan with interior design initiatives that are focused on growing the business and support long term profitability
- Be responsible for tailoring and completing inspiring, relevant and affordable interior design solutions through guidelines and leading development projects together with stores for non-standard components to drive demand for IKEA products
- Be responsible for developing and adapting interior design solutions for market and unit specific needs within and outside the traditional customer base and opportunities in line with local commercial priorities and common guidelines
- Contribute to create additional market specific content across channels (e.g. social media posts, promotion content etc.), based on brief from Communications or Marketing and Commercial Calendar related Activities and Events
- Continuously measure performance of product presentation and contribute to contribute to the functional review in order to identify improvement areas
- Act as a member of the HF&RD team and proactively contribute to HF&RD plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals
- Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and to maximize impact (for example Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, BNOF (Business Navigation Operations & Finance), People & Culture)
This role is located in Bangalore.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We deliver sustainable, extraordinary growth by creating a new, unique, inspiring and convenient meeting with the customers. We deliver a multi-channel experience that adds value to the many people and inspires a home furnishing movement.